Artist Empowerment Program
About the Program
Art has the power to lift people up, and for a lot in Nigeria it has become a way of life. To support women artists, Aya has setup the Artist Empowerment Program to give upcoming and aspirational artists the awareness they need and deserve.
The mechanism is very simple - artists apply with their art and we share it across our channels. We have two ways to be featured, as a hero artist and a social artist. Hero artists get selected annually to feature on our box collections, and social artists get featured monthly across our website and social media channels.
If you're an artist or know someone that would benefit from increased visibility and reach new potentials customers and art lovers, then share with them this program so they can apply.
- Your art featured on our packaging (Hero)
- Inclusion in our Press Release (Hero)
- Discretionary compensation to cover your art work (Hero)
- Artist feature on our website (Social + Hero)
- Spotlight on our Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn (Social + Hero)
- Invitation to our events as a speaker (Hero + Social)
You can apply to be a Hero Artist, a Social Artist or both. Please follow the simple format below and apply via email:
1) Hero Artist - applications closed for 2022. Opening again in January 2023.
2) Social Artist - application are currently open. To apply kindly email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following items: name, short bio, social media profile/s, and 1-2 pieces of art with short descritptions you'd like to be featured.
Aya Hero Artist 2022
We are so very proud to introduce the world to Ugonma Chibuzo - a conceptual artist based in Lagos, Nigeria. Out of hundreds of artist applications, Ugonma stood out for her portrayal vibrant oil-based portrayals of women, beauty and self-love.
The very first Aya boxes all of our customers in Nigeria will receive will be graced with 2 of her unique illustrations. The art and the artists both radiate confidence and glow that we hope inspires other women and artists alike.